Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Under the Sea Tote Bag

Step three...(starting at bottom)

Put the lining together. Added very thick interfacing (The for making hats kind) and four interior pockets. At this point I also added the side pieces that will be attached to the rings for the handle. 

.

Step two.. (steps in order bottom up)

Continue to add background detail. Added coral. Cut coral out of a pretty pink patterned fabric. Used variegated peach thread and added little ‘polyp bursts’ around the coral limbs.
Photo before sewing it down and embroidery.

Step one.

Started the new tote bag. I just slightly enlarged my purse pattern so I could actually use it as a. Purse if I wanted to. I’ll post the steps as I go. 

Cut out pieces and machine sewed background pieces.

 These are the two sides and back pocket, above.
Below is the front side flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment