It's 30+ years old and needs a facelift. First thing I did was take out all the drawers and removed the hardware, it took about an hour as many of the screws were striped and it took some work getting them out.
Actually I'm going to redo the whole room, but I'm starting with the dresser.
Then I cleaned every thing inside and out with soap and water.
Started with the drawers. The walls and carpet were already pink.
Finished all the drawers this week. I changed out all the hardware except for the center drawer I painted them silver.
The two little side drawers were actually the two I painted first.
Here is a photo of a drawer in progress. I used a stencil to place the squares, but as I didn't want gaps I painted them freehand. I also use a stencil to draw the outlines of the basic design, but added parts of it and then painted it free hand, too.
The off white is chalk paint. The pinks and green are bottled acrylic. I used a combination of acrylic and a black paint pen for the checks and outlines. Filled the decorative cut out area with silver bead strings I found in the wedding floral department at Hobby Lobby. I'm going to paint the main part of the dresser next, but as I go back to work (school) next week don't know when I'll get to it.