Friday, August 9, 2019

Halloween Tunnel Card
with Cricut file


     I've been playing with Halloween the last few days.   I wanted a tunnel card but every one that I made from the premade templates I found, bowed in the middle and was hard to mail.
   So, I played around with sizing the back and middle until I found a set of panel sizes that wouldn't bow.
Here's the Cricut file, if you don't have a Cricut cutter, you can still use the grid on the file for the measurements.  You don't need a machine to download Design Space and play with it. It's free.

https://design.cricut.com/#/design/107451234/projects?category=My%20Projects

I've also uploaded a how-to on my YouTube channel.  It's a little longer than I'd like but it includes how to put the haunted house together so that can easily be skipped. 
https://youtu.be/nm9wdI44B9c
Questions? Let me know.
  
By the way the card is 5x7.  The front panel is 5x7
The back panel is 4.90 x 7  (cut off 1/8 inch)
The middle panels are 4.75 x 7 (cut off 1/4 inch)
Then the back panel is snug in the side accordion, the two middle panels are 1/8 in and you make sure they lay flat before gluing.


2 comments:

  1. Linda, loved your card, however when I click on the link Design Spaces opens with message Project is not availabe, project is private. Did I miss something?
    thank you, Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also tried accessing the project link and the message says the project is private. I learned from Cricut customer service that this message is seen when elements of the design are not all from Design Space. If you uploaded any pictures, patterns, or fonts no one else can access it but you. I know how to get around this issue. If you need help, letme know.

    ReplyDelete