Sunday, June 17, 2018

Cathedral Window Boxes


Cathedral Window Boxes

I’ve  been working on cathedral window boxes. I made a bunch of pillows for Christmas gifts (most of which I forgot to take photos).
Here is one I made for me with my coke stash.

I always put something in the windows. It’s just fun.
Since we’re going to be on the road all summer, I decided to do a quilt/spread for my bed. Bob drives the RV and I sew.  I did the basic top (mostly by machine) before we left.
Here is the top I’m working on.





         I cut out about 50 different fabric squares of sea life, and I am hand sewing the squares into their windows.



Here’s a section I’ve finished.
I actually decided to add a layer of batting in each square and sewing on the buttons tacks down the batting. I put buttons on the back, too. It adds strength and it hides the stitches.









Usually Window boxes don’t need batting as they are already several layers of fabric, but I wanted it thick and warm.




Here are another of the pillows I did.















Here is a top I just finished that will be a pillow when we get home.


I liked the other coke pillow, but I wanted to use slightly bigger squares to get more of the design in.

No comments:

Post a Comment